HUD approved housing agencies are nonprofits that have been certified by HUD to provide a variety of housing services. HUD cortication is awarded to nonprofits with proven experience, capacity and ability to work with other community resources. Pima Count and the City of Tucson support the nonprofit housing counseling agencies with HUD funds
Housing counseling agencies provide one-on-one meetings and group classes on homebuyer education. Financial literacy and related housing issues. Counselors keep informed about market trends and new opportunities for homebuyers. The types of services provided by these agencies may include:
- Homebuyer education and counseling.
- Money management. Budgeting and debt counseling.
- Mortgage default/foreclosure counseling.
- Intervene on behalf of client with housing industry professionals.
- Prequalify buyers for a loan.
- Provide down payment assistance, monetary and emergency assistance and subsidies to qualified clients.
- Reverse Mortgages (A.R.C & O.P.C.F)
- Assistance with predatory lending
Contact each agency for specific services offered.
Housing counselors provide bilingual (English and Spanish) service and will provide services in other languages including ASL as needed.
Many of the house counseling agencies of other services not required for HUD certification. Contact each agency for further information.
There is no need to worry about a conflict of interest or discrimination by HUD approved agencies. The agencies represent the best interests of the cine. Outstanding performance stands are practiced by HUD approved counselors who are regularly monitored by supervising HUD officials